Now, I know I went through this dilemma last year… but as fall quickly approaches again here in Toronto there is nothing I want more then another pair of boots!
I’ve really been wanting a flat pair of combat boots, but over the past two years I haven’t been able to find a pair that I was 100% committed to buying, so I kept putting it off.
I know it’s only September but here in Toronto the temperature has already starting to decrease quicker than expected! So as I search for my perfect pair of combat boots, here are a few things I consider when it comes to making the investment of $300 – $1,000.
- Are these a style I’ll be able to wear for at least 2-3 years?
- Are they water/winter proof? (This is super important; with our winters you don’t want to be wearing delicate boots as they will get destroyed quickly)
- Do they have proper grips on the bottom? (If the sole is flat it either means they are not for the right season or they were made in a country where Winter snow is not an issue)
- Am I paying for the quality or for the designer label? (Quality is obviously the most important)
- How many different ways can I wear them?
- Do I think they will possibly go on sale? (Sometimes this will make me think “I should wait”)
- Can I find them in store so I am able to try them on? Or what is the return policy like?
Seems like a lot of work for a pair of boots right? Well at least when I think through all of the above I don’t feel as guilty spending a large amount of money on something I really love!
I’ll keep you posted on my findings!